A year ago, I knew absolutely nothing at all about “html code” and very little about “blogs” in general! I had been enjoying reading a friends blog, so I decided I would give it a try. I was very shy at first, and didn’t tell a single soul about my new blog… In fact, I only posted twice last May, and both posts were quizzes! June was even worse with only one quiz. In July, with the arrival of the Moto Proprio, I branched out a little and posted one quiz and two videos! However, August arrived, and since hubby was off on fires, I rearranged my school room (imagine that!), posted about it, and finally told someone about my blog since she wanted to see pictures… She even left me a few comments! I was hooked!
Yes, a year ago, I didn’t know how much I would grow to love blogging!
- I didn’t know how easy it would be to share ideas, post pictures, videos (other than my own!), and prayer requests!
- I didn’t know that it would enable me to get to know some of my real life friends even better, and stay in closer contact with my twin sisters and a few of my cousins.
- I didn’t know that I would get to stay in closer contact with one of my best real life friends through her own blog.
- I didn’t know I would find so many new friends and acquaintances for whom I truly care about, and to whom I feel deeply connected, just not geographically! Real friends that I would love to meet any day if I could. (Or that I would even get to meet two of those new friends!)
- I didn’t know I would find, through reading blogs, so much inspiration, motivation, and thought-provoking topics, challenging me to become a better Catholic, Wife and Mother… As well as an endless amount of craft ideas for my children–and myself!!
- I didn’t know I would be blessed with giveaways like this.
- I didn’t know how generous people, including total strangers, could be. Thank you all once again, you are AMAZING!!!!
- I didn’t know how much of an addiction it would become, causing me to prioritize and re-prioritize my time. However, in all my re-prioritizing, I never omit blogging completely.
- I didn’t know how strange it sounds to non-bloggers: this thing called blogging, and how difficult it is to explain.
- I didn’t know how much I would come to hate the word “blog.” (Especially when my little brother Scott says the word!!) It is so ugly-sounding for some reason!
- I didn’t know I would spend so much time thinking about this blog wondering what to write next and how to word or arrange it, and enjoying almost every minute of it.
- I didn’t know how much enjoyment I would receive from other people’s comments. Family, friends, and yes, even strangers!
So, thank you to everyone that has made this blogging thing so fun, rewarding, inspiring, encouraging, and thought-provoking. Thank you to those of you who comment, to those of you that send me private emails, and to those of you who just lurk. Thank you to all of you who have given me advice, support, and friendship over the past year, you have been such a blessing!