Today is the Feast of St. George! Did you know, that it is also Shakespeare’s 444th birthday?! With all this ENGLISH celebrating going on, what are your plans for today?
Here is a look at what our day has in store:
- It is rainy outside… Perfect English weather!
- My boys have pulled out there swords and armor to reenact St. George and the Dragon.
- Our Dragon Cake is all ready to slay this afternoon during teatime!
- We will listen to “Saint of the Day.”
- Read Saint George Saints Lives & Illuminations, Page 12 and St George Picture Book of Saints, Page 34
- We will discuss St. George and the Dragon. (Hubby read it to the kids at bedtime last night.)
- The kids will color a picture of St. George. (We will use the one from Fenestrae Fidei, but here is an online coloring page too!)
- Listen to a Midsummer Night’s Dream, a Homeschool Radio Shows special.
- We will also have an Awesome Owl Snack, and add the owl sticker to our Garden of the Good Shepherd poster, as we celebrate the 50 days of Easter.
- And for dinner, we will have English Fish n’ Chips.
(I used up all of the red food coloring on Chiquita’s ladybug cake… So his spikes and flames look like Mustard. ewww… I didn’t have Hershey kisses either, so I used Junior Mints for eyes/nose. It is no where near as cute as Matilda’s, but my children are super excited, just the same!)
Whatever your plans, I hope you have a very