Here is one of the ways we are using all those plums:
FRESH PLUM COBBLER
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 cups sliced fresh unpeeled plums
- 6 tablespoons butter or shortening
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk Whipping (heavy) cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the cornstarch and cinnamon in saucepan. Stir in plums. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 13×9 casserole; keep plum mixture hot in oven.
- Cut butter/shortening into flour, 2 tablespoon sugar, the baking powder and salt in medium bowl, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until particles are size of fine crumbs. Mix in milk until mixture forms soft dough. Drop by 12 spoonfuls onto hot plum mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with whipping cream.
(Modified recipe from Betty Crocker)