I can’t believe how fast the weeks have been flying by! We are already starting week six! The theme for this week in The Garden of the Good Shepherd: A Sticker Calendar to Count the Fifty Days of Easter is:
I haven’t had much time to try and come up with ideas for this coming week… Plus, the weeks just seem to keep getting harder! Just what kind of crafts and activities can you do for bride and groom with little ones?? Well… I wish I had better ideas, but here is what I have come up with just the same:
The City Gate : Read Revelation 21:9-14
- Make a Heaven’s Gate Collage
- Listen to Oh What a Beautiful City
- Since the above song mentions “twelve gates,” one named for each of the apostles, you could read about the apostles! We will probably read Apostles of Jesus by Father Lovasik.
- Color the Gates into Heaven Coloring Page
The Temple : Read Revelation 21:22-25
- Make Cathedral Cookies or Church shaped Stained Glass Window Cookies
- Color page of Church in Spring
- Do the EWTN Kids Build-a-Church Activity (To get to this, sign into EWTN kids–it’s free!–then go to The Diego’s house, then to Javier & Manuel’s Room, then click on the box with a church on it. My kids LOVE this game!)
Hallelujah! : Read Revelation 19:6-9
- Listen to the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel’s “Messiah”
- Make Hallelujah Hats
- Make an Angel Food Cake, in honor of the heavenly choir!
- Have an Italian dinner in honor of St. Catherine of Siena, whose feast is April 29th! I’m planning on making Pasta Santa Caterina from Cooking with the Saints.
The Thrones : Read Revelation 22:1-5
- I can’t think of ANYTHING!! Hum…. I know… I will take down the kids Puppet Show Tent and pull out the King, Queen, etc, puppets and let them put on a Royal Puppet Show! That should be fun! 🙂 (I’m sorry I can’t think of anything else!)
The Bride : Read Hosea 2:18-20
- Deliver Marian May Baskets since it is May Day!
The Groom : Read Revelation 19:6-9
- If I was going to be home, I would make Tuxedo Brownie Cups for snack time! But, since I will be gone… I will try to pre-make these for hubby and the kids.
The Crowns : Read Isaiah 62:3-5
- To keep it simple for hubby… Take the kids out to eat at Burger King!
- This Crown Cake is really cool though!
Thanks again, Matilda, for getting us started on this!!! If anyone else has any more ideas, I would love to hear them!
Hope you all have a wonderful week! God Bless!