The feast of St. Mark is celebrated on April 25th. Don’t you just love celebrating the Liturgical Year? My kids sure do! Here’s a quick look at a few things that I will be incorporating into our day:
- Mass & Benediction (The boys serve each Friday.)
O Glorious St. Mark, through the grace of God our Father, you became a great Evangelist, preaching the Good News of Christ. May you help us to know Him well so that we may faithfully live our lives as followers of Christ. Amen.
- After Mass we always have coffee with Father… I will bring along decorated
muffinscupcakes to share. I was going to make Martha Stewart’s lion cupcakes… But after seeing the adorable one’s Mary made, I decided to make hers instead. Aren’t they darling?!?
- In the afternoon, we will have the other half of the cupcakes which we will decorate as palm trees for our 50 days of Easter.
- For dinner we will be having Risi e Bisi (Rice and Peas) served with Salad and Rolls.
- Listen to the “Saint of the Day“
- Read St. Mark the Evangelist in Picture Book of Saints
- Read St. Mark the Evangelist in Saints for Young People Vol 1
- Color pictures of St. Mark to add to our Liturgical Notebooks… We will probably use this one, the Lion symbol for St. Mark. Does anyone know of a better one?
Go ye into the whole world, and preach the gospel to every creature. ~ Mark 16:15
For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul? ~ Mark 8:36
I’d love to hear any plans you all may have. And if anyone has a better link to a coloring page, please let me know!