Well, my children ended up getting a few “rain checks” last week since I was gone Thursday-Sunday, and we are now a little bit behind celebrating the Fifty days of Easter with “The Garden of the Good Shepherd.” But that’s okay, we can continue today.
This weeks theme is based on:
I updated my list from last year, and you can find even more ideas here. I will not get to all these ideas, but just use the list as a guideline each day and use what works with our schedule. We have a super busy week ahead of us, so I am sure I’ll be keeping it really simple.
22. The Boat : Read Matthew 8:23-27
23. The Mast: Read Ezekiel 27:4-7
Since the Cross is the “Mast” of the Catholic Church, we will either:
- Make Cross Shaped Monkey Bread, Sugar Cookies, or Cake
- Make Bread Dough Crosses page 136 of Catholic Traditions
- Make Our Lady’s Victory Vessels
24. The Sail : Read Acts 27:33-44
- Experiment with “What sinks and what floats.”
- You could do this Halves Boat Craft
- Make Deviled Egg Sailboats, Berry Blue Sailboats, Shipshape Snack, Sailboat Cake or Cupcakes
25. The Net : Read Mark 1:16-20
- Serve Net Shaped Pretzels
- Make a Sea of Galilee Touch Picture from our Little Saints Pre-School Program.
Sea of Galilee Touch Picture
Need: Pattern #67, print this picture; brown construction paper background; cotton balls; sandpaper; aluminum foil; netted produce bag cut in a 6″x4″ diamond; brown, dark blue, and light blue markers/crayons; glue stick; scissors.
- Color boat brown, sea and sky blue.
- stretch apart cotton balls and glue on clouds.
- Staple on netting over side of boat for fish net.
- Crumple aluminum foil and glue on as rocks.
- Glue on sand paper to make beach area.
- Mount onto brown background.
- Discuss and experiment with the sense of touch.
26. The Fishes : Read John 21:4-8
- Possibly take Sparkle (our one remaining goldfish) to my parents and release him in the pond.
- Play Go Fish or Discovery Toys ABSeas Alphabet Fishing Game
- Fish Snack: Need: Blue napkins, medicine cups, pretzels, gold fish crackers, peanut butter. Open up napkin and place fish in the middle. (The napkin is the ocean.) Have peanut butter in the cup. (This is the bait cup.) Use pretzels for fishing rods. Dip in bait (peanut butter) and catch a fish. Eat fish and bait. Keep fishing until all the fish are eaten.
- Fish in the Sea Snack: Need: Italian bread or French bread, Cream cheese, Goldfish crackers, Blue food coloring, Slice bread. Mix blue food color and cream cheese. Spread cream cheese on bread. Put goldfish in the blue sea.
- Make Fish Sticks for dinner
- Make Fishbowl or Fishing Pole Cupcakes
27. The Barbecue : Read John 21:9-14
- Grill some fish out on the patio, of course!
28. The Leviathan : Read Psalm 104:24-30
- Visit Monterey Bay’s E-Quariam Live Web Cams and play some of their Online Games including Deep Sea Memory.
- Serve calamari with dinner, or how about some calamari cupcakes!
- Last year we read St. George and the Dragon in preparation for the feast of St. George on April 23rd. Since his feast has already passed this year, this would be a perfect opportunity to make a dragon cake if you didn’t have a chance.
- Read The Knight and the Dragon by Tomie de Paola
Hope you all have a great day! God Bless!